PRIVATE CONSULTS for DOGS & CATS
Improve the quality of life you have with your pet!
We all want a pet we can be proud of in any real-world situation. In Private Lessons, SouthPaw will teach you and your pet the modern training methods that get quick and long lasting results. Set your pet up for a lifetime of success.
IT’S NEVER TOO EARLY OR TOO LATE TO START WORKING WITH YOUR PET
You can improve the quality of life you have with your dog or cat no matter their age, breed, temperament or special need.
Discovering ways to accurately convey behavioral expectations to your furry friend can be very rewarding!
PRIVATE CONSULTS OFFER
- Customized programs.
- Personalized attention.
- Focus on the needs you outline.
- Full family participation for optimum effectiveness.
- Detailed follow up lesson plans.
Successful training requires consistent use of cues and accurate timing, so SouthPaw invites the whole family to take part in the training!
SouthPaw can help with an individualized training program suited to your pet’s environment, personality and your own learning style. SouthPaw even has experience teaching pets with physical impairments such as hearing and vision loss.
Your four-pawed friend wants to be engaged with you, his most beloved friend, so have fun with them and start training today! It’s so worthwhile seeing pets become energized to do something new. To them, it’s not training. It’s a new game full of excitement and rewards.
PUPPIES starting at 8 weeks of age
Puppies are like sponges and will learn both good and bad habits very easily. This is the best time to start teaching your friend excellent manners, the skills that will keep him or her out of harm’s way and lay the foundation for a strong bond between you. You will be surprised at how much a young pup can learn, especially in a Private Consultation setting.
Adult dogs are happy to learn! Yet, just like us, they can develop undesirable habits or lose skills for lack of practice or motivation. What may seem like a stubborn dog who won’t come when called, SouthPaw recognizes that dog has focus on something else which simply needs to be redirected through motivation and new cues. We offer solutions not just training and equip owners with a deeper understanding of how their canine companions learn and the importance of clear, positive communication in the relationship.
Skills learned in Basic Manners can include: Sit, Down, Trade (Give), Loose Leash Walking, Recall (Come), Leave It, Polite Greetings and MUCH more.
Additional charges may apply if travel time is greater than 10 miles.
With a few new communication skills taught to you and your pet, most problem behaviors can be resolved. Learn why these behaviors occur and how to fix them quickly with easy cues and fun expectations.
- Reactive Aggressive Behavior: Lunging at dogs, cats or people while on leash.
- Shy and Anxious pets – Fearfulness with strangers or new experiences.
- Integrating a new pet with an existing dog or cat.
If certain behaviors are holding you and your pet back from enjoying life together in your home or out on the town, let’s address those items and get you both back to the fun!
- Rowdy Behaviors: jumping, darting out the door, counter-surfing, pulling on lead, etc.
- Destructive Behaviors: Inappropriate chewing or scratching, inappropriate elimination, digging, etc.
- Nuisance Behaviors: Chasing of kids/cars/bikes, excessive barking or howling, etc.
- Resource Guarding of food, toys or spaces from humans or other pets.
Is some of your feline’s friskiness getting in the way of your once peaceful life? Cats are very sensitive and changes in behavior can occur for many reasons. SouthPaw can help assess the cause and offer thorough, effective help for these and other concerns:
- Elimination outside of the litter box.
- New aggression between an established cat and other pets.
- No longer wishing to be touched.
- Scratching/chewing furniture or curtains.
- Aggressive play with people.
- Marking/spraying inside the home.