Broaden your knowledge here
These organizations work to find new homes for rescued animals and care for them either at their own facility or work with foster organizations or individuals for care or rehabilitation until a new forever home is located.
- Animal Rescue and Relief of the Carolinas
- Cat Flowers – Cats and Dog rescue
- Charleston Animal Society – local SPCA organization
- Humane Net – coalition of over 20 animal care and control organizations
- Leash on Life Dog Rescue – and Cats
- Muttville Rescue – senior Dog rescue not local but great cause!
- Pet Helpers – adoption center and low cost spay/neuter clinic
- Rescue Me!
Breed Specific Rescue Organizations
- Caradobe and Feline Rescue Organization – Doberman rescue
- Carolina Basset Hound Rescue
- Carolina Boxer Rescue
- Carolina Coonhound Rescue
- Carolina Poodle Rescue
- Corgis & Friends of Walmarsh
- Crystal-Bull Pit Bull Rescue and Referral
- Grateful Goldens Rescue of the Lowcountry
- Greyhound Pets of America – Charleston
- Lowcountry Lab Rescue
- Noble Ones Bully Breed Rescue
- Pawasitively Pit Bulls of Myrtle Beach
- Phoenix Rising Border Collie Rescue
- South Carolina Greyhound Adoption Program
- South Carolina Pit Bull Rescue
- Southeast Bloodhound Rescue
- Waters Edge Great Dane Rescue
- Wild Heir Labrador Rescue
- Weimaraner Rescue of South Carolina
MAGAZINES - ONLINE & PRINT
- DogSport – articles and tips on travel, competing and play with your Dog.
- Dogster – articles on everything Dog plus a community forum for Q&A.
- PetPlace – Dog and Cat health and wellness site.
- The Bark – fun magazine on wellness, activities, training & life with Dogs.
- The Whole Dog Journal – fantastic tips and solid advice.
- Urban Dog – fun and insightful articles about Dogs
PETS AND HELPING PEOPLE
- Canine Companions for Independence – provides service dogs to help people with various disabilities.
- Pet Partners (formerly Delta Society) – therapy and service animal programs.
- Therapy Dogs International – regulates, tests and registers therapy dogs & their volunteer handlers for visiting nursing homes, hospitals and other places therapy dogs are welcome.
HEALTH & NUTRITION
- Arbico Organics – natural products that really kill fleas.
- AVID – microchip your pet in case you are separated.
- Dog Food Advisor – get recall alerts & reviews
- FEMA Emergency Preparedness & Pet Kit – plan now for the unexpected.
- Fleabusters – natural products that really kill fleas.
- My Dog Is Cool – keep your friend cool in the heat with these great tips.
- Only Natural Pet – informative articles & videos
- Poop Butler – info on serious health hazards of not scooping poop.
- The Dog Food Project – detailed info on food ingredients and labeling.
- Thundershirt – place on your pet before or as soon as stressors are present
- Visual Dictionary – internal anatomy of a dog.
- Visual Dictionary – dog skeleton.
- Visual Dictionary – internal anatomy of a cat.
- Visual Dictionary – cat skeleton.
- American Kennel Club – enjoy the thrill & bond of competing with your single breed dog.
- Association for Pet Dog Trainers (APDT) – training & behavior info for new & experienced Pet’s humans.
- American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior (AVSAB) – vets & research scientists with insights on animal behavior.
- Mixed Breed Dog Clubs of America – enjoy the thrill & bond of competing with your mixed breed dog.
The theories and methodologies contained in the above ressources may not necessarily be consistent with the overall views of SouthPaw. As with all learning, be aware that the training information and suggested approaches covered may or may not be the best options for you and your pet’s particular circumstances. Please feel free to contact SouthPaw with any questions regarding topics in these or other training and behavioral references.
WE ARE TAKING OUR CLASSES ONLINE SOON - SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER AT WONDER DOG UNIVERSITY FOR UPDATES ON NEW COURSES, FREE WEBINARS, FREE TIPS & MUCH MORE
DON'T BE SHY
Are you ready to put your dog through Southpaw's happy paces?